The Surgery Center
East Valley Surgery Center in Tempe is a state-of the art ambulatory surgery center. Featuring private pre-operative space as well as separate operating and procedure rooms, and a comfortable recovery room, East Valley Surgery Center offers both bariatric and general surgery service. EVSC’s experienced and caring nursing staff offers support, excellent medical care and peace of mind to all patients.
Your comfort, safety and health are our priorities at East Valley Surgery Center. If you have any questions before you visit us for general surgery or weight loss surgery in Tempe, Arizona, call us at (480) 829-6100.
Bariatric surgical services include:
- Band with gastric plication
- Bariatric revision surgeries
- Gastric Bypass AND/OR Roux en Y
- Hiatal hernia repair
- Sleeve gastrectomy
- Roux-en Gastric Bypass (RYGB)
- Capsulize Sleeve Gastrectomy
General surgical services include:
- Esophagogastroduodenoscopy (EGD)
- EGD Dilation
- Lap cholecystectomy
- Pilonidal cyst
- Hernia repair
- Diagnostic and therapeutic laparoscopies
The Center was awarded the prestigious Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence (COE) designation in early 2012, making it one of the few such facilities in the Phoenix area. Often required by insurance companies, the COE designation reflects our surgeons’ on-going drive to provide excellent surgical care and positive outcomes in a safe, comfortable environment.
EVCS is also accredited by AAAHC (Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care). AAAHC accreditation is a sign that EVSC is committed to providing quality care to all patients.
The mission of the facility is to provide a comprehensive quality of care approach for individuals (regardless of race, color, religion or creed) for non-emergency healthcare services administered to patients who receive intermittent services or who remain in the facility less than 24 hours.
Our goals are to:
- Provide quality intermittent or short-term care to patients regardless of race, color, religion or creed.
- Coordinate ambulatory and continuing care needs to facilitate efficient, cost effective care.
- Develop and implement individual treatment plans designed to meet patient and therapeutic goals.
- Evaluate the effects of care through existing performance improvement activities.
- Collaborate with other relevant personnel in decision making.